- Adam, Seth, Enosh,
- Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared,
- Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
- Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Diphath, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.
- The sons of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raama, and Sabteca.
And the sons of Raamah: Sheba, and Dedan.
- And Cush begat Nimrod;
he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
- And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
- and Pathrusim, and Casluhim (from whence came the Philistines), and Caphtorim.
- And Canaan begat Sidon his first-born, and Heth,
- and the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,
- and the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
- and the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
- The sons of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arpachshad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
- And Arpachshad begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber.
- And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg;
for in his days the earth was divided;
and his brother’s name was Joktan.
- And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
- and Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
- and Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
- and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab.
All these were the sons of Joktan.
- Shem, Arpachshad, Shelah,
- Eber, Peleg, Reu,
- Serug, Nahor, Terah,
- Abram (the same is Abraham).
- The sons of Abraham: Isaac, and Ishmael.
- These are their generations: the first-born of Ishmael, Nebaioth;
then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
- Mishma, and Dumah, Massa, Hadad, and Tema,
- Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.
These are the sons of Ishmael.
- And the sons of Keturah, Abraham’s concubine: she bare Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
And the sons of Jokshan: Sheba, and Dedan.
- And the sons of Midian: Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah.
All these were the sons of Keturah.
- And Abraham begat Isaac.
The sons of Isaac: Esau, and Israel.
- The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jalam, and Korah.
- The sons of Eliphaz: Teman, and Omar, Zephi, and Gatam, Kenaz, and Timna, and Amalek.
- The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
- And the sons of Seir: Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah, and Dishon, and Ezer, and Dishan.
- And the sons of Lotan: Hori, and Homam;
and Timna was Lotan’s sister.
- The sons of Shobal: Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and Onam.
And the sons of Zibeon: Aiah, and Anah.
- The sons of Anah: Dishon.
And the sons of Dishon: Hamran, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.
- The sons of Ezer: Bilhan, and Zaavan, Jaakan.
The sons of Dishan: Uz, and Aran.
- Now these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before there resigned any king over the children of Israel: Bela the son of Beor;
and the name of his city was Dinhabah.
- And Bela died, and Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead.
- And Jobab died, and Husham of the land of the Temanites reigned in his stead.
- And Husham died, and Hadad the son of Bedad, who smote Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead;
and the name of his city was Avith.
- And Hadad died, and Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his stead.
- And Samlah died, and Shaul of Rehoboth by the River reigned in his stead.
- And Shaul died, and Baal-hanan the son of Achbor reigned in his stead.
- And Baal-hanan died, and Hadad reigned in his stead;
and the name of his city was Pai: and his wife’s name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Me-zahab.
- And Hadad died.
And the chiefs of Edom were: chief Timna, chief Aliah, chief Jetheth,
- chief Oholibamah, chief Elah, chief Pinon,
- chief Kenaz, chief Teman, chief Mibzar,
- chief Magdiel, chief Iram.
These are the chiefs of Edom.