- And Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David, and cedar-trees, and masons, and carpenters, to build him a house.
- And David perceived that Jehovah had established him king over Israel;
for his kingdom was exalted on high, for his people Israel’s sake.
- And David took more wives at Jerusalem;
and David begat more sons and daughters.
- And these are the names of the children whom he had in Jerusalem: Shammua, and Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon,
- and Ibhar, and Elishua, and Elpelet,
- and Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,
- and Elishama, and Beeliada, and Eliphelet.
- And when the Philistines heard that David was anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up to seek David: and David heard of it, and went out against them.
- Now the Philistines had come and made a raid in the valley of Rephaim.
- And David inquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines?
and wilt thou deliver them into my hand?
And Jehovah said unto him, Go up;
for I will deliver them into thy hand.
- So they came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote them there;
and David said, God hath broken mine enemies by my hand, like the breach of waters.
Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim.
- And they left their gods there;
and David gave commandment, and they were burned with fire.
- And the Philistines yet again made a raid in the valley.
- And David inquired again of God;
and God said unto him, Thou shalt not go up after them: turn away from them, and come upon them over against the mulberry-trees.
- And it shall be, when thou hearest the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry-trees, that then thou shalt go out to battle;
for God is gone out before thee to smite the host of the Philistines.
- And David did as God commanded him: and they smote the host of the Philistines from Gibeon even to Gezer.
- And the fame of David went out into all lands;
and Jehovah brought the fear of him upon all nations.