- And they brought in the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt-offerings and peace-offerings before God.
- And when David had made an end of offering the burnt-offering and the peace-offerings, he blessed the people in the name of Jehovah.
- And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a portion [of flesh], and a cake of raisins.
- And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of Jehovah, and to celebrate and to thank and praise Jehovah, the God of Israel:
- Asaph the chief, and second to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obed-edom, and Jeiel, with psalteries and with harps;
and Asaph with cymbals, sounding aloud;
- and Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually, before the ark of the covenant of God.
- Then on that day did David first ordain to give thanks unto Jehovah, by the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
- O give thanks unto Jehovah, call upon his name;
Make known his doings among the peoples.
- Sing unto him, sing praises unto him;
Talk ye of all his marvellous works.
- Glory ye in his holy name;
Let the heart of them rejoice that seek Jehovah.
- Seek ye Jehovah and his strength;
Seek his face evermore.
- Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,
- O ye seed of Israel his servant, Ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
- He is Jehovah our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
- Remember his covenant for ever, The word which he commanded to a thousand generations,
- [The covenant] which he made with Abraham, And his oath unto Isaac,
- And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a statute, To Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, The lot of your inheritance;
- When ye were but a few men in number, Yea, very few, and sojourners in it;
- And they went about from nation to nation, And from one kingdom to another people.
- He suffered no man to do them wrong;
Yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
- [Saying], Touch not mine anointed ones, And do my prophets no harm.
- Sing unto Jehovah, all the earth;
Show forth his salvation from day to day.
- Declare his glory among the nations, His marvellous works among all the peoples.
- For great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised: He also is to be feared above all gods.
- For all the gods of the peoples are idols: But Jehovah made the heavens.
- Honor and majesty are before him: Strength and gladness are in his place.
- Ascribe unto Jehovah, ye kindreds of the peoples, Ascribe unto Jehovah glory and strength;
- Ascribe unto Jehovah the glory due unto his name: Bring an offering, and come before him: Worship Jehovah in holy array.
- Tremble before him, all the earth: The world also is established that it cannot be moved.
- Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
And let them say among the nations, Jehovah reigneth.
- Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof;
Let the field exult, and all that is therein;
- Then shall the trees of the wood sing for joy before Jehovah;
For he cometh to judge the earth.
- O give thanks unto Jehovah;
for he is good;
For his lovingkindness [endureth] for ever.
- And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, And gather us together and deliver us from the nations, To give thanks unto thy holy name, And to triumph in thy praise.
- Blessed be Jehovah, the God of Israel, From everlasting even to everlasting.
And all the people said, Amen, and praised Jehovah.
- So he left there, before the ark of the covenant of Jehovah, Asaph and his brethren, to minister before the ark continually, as every day’s work required;
- and Obed-edom with their brethren, threescore and eight;
Obed-edom also the son of Jeduthun and Hosah to be doorkeepers;
- and Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of Jehovah in the high place that was at Gibeon,
- to offer burnt-offerings unto Jehovah upon the altar of burnt-offering continually morning and evening, even according to all that is written in the law of Jehovah, which he commanded unto Israel;
- and with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were mentioned by name, to give thanks to Jehovah, because his lovingkindness [endureth] for ever;
- and with them Heman and Jeduthun [with] trumpets and cymbals for those that should sound aloud, and [with] instruments for the songs of God;
and the sons of Jeduthun to be at the gate.
- And all the people departed every man to his house: and David returned to bless his house.