- It is actually reported that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not even among the Gentiles, that one [of you] hath his father’s wife.
- And ye are puffed up, and did not rather mourn, that he that had done this deed might be taken away from among you.
- For I verily, being absent in body but present in spirit, have already as though I were present judged him that hath so wrought this thing,
- in the name of our Lord Jesus, ye being gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
- to deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
- Your glorying is not good.
Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
- Purge out the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, even as ye are unleavened.
For our passover also hath been sacrificed, [even] Christ:
- wherefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- I wrote unto you in my epistle to have no company with fornicators;
- not at all [meaning] with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous and extortioners, or with idolaters;
for then must ye needs go out of the world:
- but as it is, I wrote unto you not to keep company, if any man that is named a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner;
with such a one no, not to eat.
- For what have I to do with judging them that are without?
Do not ye judge them that are within?
- But them that are without God judgeth.
Put away the wicked man from among yourselves.