- Dare any of you, having a matter against his neighbor, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?
- Or know ye not that the saints shall judge the world?
and if the world is judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
- Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
how much more, things that pertain to this life?
- If then ye have to judge things pertaining to this life, do ye set them to judge who are of no account in the church?
- I say [this] to move you to shame.
What, cannot there be [found] among you one wise man who shall be able to decide between his brethren,
- but brother goeth to law with brother, and that before unbelievers?
- Nay, already it is altogether a defect in you, that ye have lawsuits one with another.
Why not rather take wrong?
why not rather be defrauded?
- Nay, but ye yourselves do wrong, and defraud, and that [your] brethren.
- Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,
- nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.
- All things are lawful for me;
but not all things are expedient.
All things are lawful for me;
but I will not be brought under the power of any.
- Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall bring to nought both it and them.
But the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord;
and the Lord for the body:
- and God both raised the Lord, and will raise up as through his power.
- Know ye not that your bodies are members of Christ?
shall I then take away the members of Christ, and make them members of a harlot?
- Or know ye not that he that is joined to a harlot is one body?
for, The twain, saith he, shall become one flesh.
- But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
- Flee fornication.
Every sin that a man doeth is without the body;
but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
- Or know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have from God?
and ye are not your own;
- for ye were bought with a price: glorify God therefore in your body.