- Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God;
because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
- Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
- and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God: and this is the [spirit] of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it cometh;
and now it is in the world already.
- Ye are of God, [my] little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.
- They are of the world: therefore speak they [as] of the world, and the world heareth them.
- We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us;
he who is not of God heareth us not.
By this we know the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God;
and every one that loveth is begotten of God, and knoweth God.
- He that loveth not knoweth not God;
for God is love.
- Herein was the love of God manifested in us, that God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world that we might live through him.
- Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
- Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- No man hath beheld God at any time: if we love one another, God abideth in us, and his love is perfected in us:
- hereby we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
- And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father hath sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.
- Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abideth in him, and he in God.
- And we know and have believed the love which God hath in us.
God is love;
and he that abideth in love abideth in God, and God abideth in him.
- Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment;
because as he is, even so are we in this world.
- There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment;
and he that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- We love, because he first loved us.
- If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen.
- And this commandment have we from him, that he who loveth God love his brother also.