- The elders among you I exhort, who am a fellow-elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, who am also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
- Tend the flock of God which is among you, exercising the oversight, not of constraint, but willingly, according to [the will of] God;
nor yet for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
- neither as lording it over the charge allotted to you, but making yourselves ensamples to the flock.
- And when the chief Shepherd shall be manifested, ye shall receive the crown of glory that fadeth not away.
- Likewise, ye younger, be subject unto the elder.
Yea, all of you gird yourselves with humility, to serve one another: for God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble.
- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;
- casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you.
- Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour,
- whom withstand stedfast in your faith, knowing that the same sufferings are accomplished in your brethren who are in the world.
- And the God of all grace, who called you unto his eternal glory in Christ, after that ye have suffered a little while, shall himself perfect, establish, strengthen you.
- To him [be] the dominion for ever and ever.
- By Silvanus, our faithful brother, as I account [him], I have written unto you briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God.
Stand ye fast therein.
- She that is in Babylon, elect together with [you], saluteth you;
and [so doth] Mark my son.
- Salute one another with a kiss of love.
Peace be unto you all that are in Christ.