- Paul, and Silvanus, and Timothy, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.
- We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention [of you] in our prayers;
- remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labor of love and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, before our God and Father;
- knowing, brethren beloved of God, your election,
- how that our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and [in] much assurance;
even as ye know what manner of men we showed ourselves toward you for your sake.
- And ye became imitators of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit;
- so that ye became an ensample to all that believe in Macedonia and in Achaia.
- For from you hath sounded forth the word of the Lord, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but in every place your faith to God-ward is gone forth;
so that we need not to speak anything.
- For they themselves report concerning us what manner of entering in we had unto you;
and how ye turned unto God from idols, to serve a living and true God,
- and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, who delivereth us from the wrath to come.