- And working together [with him] we entreat also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain
- (for he saith, At an acceptable time I hearkened unto thee, And in a day of salvation did I succor thee: behold, now is the acceptable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation):
- giving no occasion of stumbling in anything, that our ministration be not blamed;
- but in everything commending ourselves, as ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
- in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in watchings, in fastings;
- in pureness, in knowledge, in long suffering, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in love unfeigned,
- in the word of truth, in the power of God;
by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
- by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report;
as deceivers, and [yet] true;
- as unknown, and [yet] well known;
as dying, and behold, we live;
as chastened, and not killed;
- as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing;
as poor, yet making many rich;
as having nothing, and [yet] possessing all things.
- Our mouth is open unto you, O Corinthians, our heart is enlarged.
- Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own affections.
- Now for a recompense in like kind (I speak as unto [my] children), be ye also enlarged.
- Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity?
or what communion hath light with darkness?
- And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever?
- And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols?
for we are a temple of the living God;
even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them;
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- Wherefore Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing;
And I will receive you,
- And will be to you a Father, And ye shall be to me sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.