- For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:
- for I know your readiness, of which I glory on your behalf to them of Macedonia, that Achaia hath been prepared for a year past;
and your zeal hath stirred up very many of them.
- But I have sent the brethren, that our glorying on your behalf may not be made void in this respect;
that, even as I said, ye may be prepared:
- lest by any means, if there come with me any of Macedonia and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be put to shame in this confidence.
- I thought it necessary therefore to entreat the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your aforepromised bounty, that the same might be ready as a matter of bounty, and not of extortion.
- But this [I say,] He that soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly;
and he that soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
- [Let] each man [do] according as he hath purposed in his heart: not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
- And God is able to make all grace abound unto you;
that ye, having always all sufficiency in everything, may abound unto every good work:
- as it is written, He hath scattered abroad, he hath given to the poor;
His righteousness abideth for ever.
- And he that supplieth seed to the sower and bread for food, shall supply and multiply your seed for sowing, and increase the fruits of your righteousness:
- ye being enriched in everything unto all liberality, which worketh through us thanksgiving to God.
- For the ministration of this service not only filleth up the measure of the wants of the saints, but aboundeth also through many thanksgivings unto God;
- seeing that through the proving [of you] by this ministration they glorify God for the obedience of your confession unto the gospel of Christ, and for the liberality of [your] contribution unto them and unto all;
- while they themselves also, with supplication on your behalf, long after you by reason of the exceeding grace of God in you.
- Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift.