- But know this, that in the last days grievous times shall come.
- For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good,
- traitors, headstrong, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
- holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore.
From these also turn away.
- For of these are they that creep into houses, and take captive silly women laden with sins, led away by divers lusts,
- ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- And even as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also withstand the truth.
Men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith.
- But they shall proceed no further.
For their folly shall be evident unto all men, as theirs also came to be.
- But thou didst follow my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, patience,
- persecutions, sufferings.
What things befell me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra;
what persecutions I endured.
And out of them all the Lord delivered me.
- Yea, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
- But evil men and impostors shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
- But abide thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them.
- And that from a babe thou hast known the sacred writings which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- Every scripture inspired of God [is] also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness.
- That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.