- I charge [thee] in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
- preach the word;
be urgent in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
- For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine;
but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
- and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.
- But be thou sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil thy ministry.
- For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure is come.
- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith:
- henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day;
and not to me only, but also to all them that have loved his appearing.
- Give diligence to come shortly unto me:
- for Demas forsook me, having loved this present world, and went to Thessalonica;
Crescens to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.
- Only Luke is with me.
Take Mark, and bring him with thee;
for he is useful to me for ministering.
- But Tychicus I sent to Ephesus.
- The cloak that I left at Troas with Carpus, bring when thou comest, and the books, especially the parchments.
- Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord will render to him according to his works:
- of whom do thou also beware;
for he greatly withstood our words.
- At my first defence no one took my part, but all forsook me: may it not be laid to their account.
- But the Lord stood by me, and strengthened me;
that through me the message might me fully proclaimed, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
- The Lord will deliver me from every evil work, and will save me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] the glory forever and ever.
- Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the house of Onesiphorus.
- Erastus remained at Corinth: but Trophimus I left at Miletus sick.
- Give diligence to come before winter.
Eubulus saluteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
- The Lord be with thy spirit.
Grace be with you.