- If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God.
- Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth.
- For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
- When Christ, [who is] our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be manifested in glory.
- Put to death therefore your members which are upon the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry;
- for which things’ sake cometh the wrath of God upon the sons of disobedience:
- wherein ye also once walked, when ye lived in these things;
- but now do ye also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth:
- lie not one to another;
seeing that ye have put off the old man with his doings,
- and have put on the new man, that is being renewed unto knowledge after the image of him that created him:
- where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman;
but Christ is all, and in all.
- Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering;
- forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any;
even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye:
- and above all these things [put on] love, which is the bond of perfectness.
- And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body;
and be ye thankful.
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly;
in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms [and] hymns [and] spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts unto God.
- And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Wives, be in subjection to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
- Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
- Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing in the Lord.
- Fathers, provoke not your children, that they be not discouraged.
- Servants, obey in all things them that are your masters according to the flesh;
not with eye-service, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord:
- whatsoever ye do, work heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men;
- knowing that from the Lord ye shall receive the recompense of the inheritance: ye serve the Lord Christ.
- For he that doeth wrong shall receive again for the wrong that he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.