- If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it;
he shall pay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep.
- If the thief be found breaking in, and be smitten so that he dieth, there shall be no bloodguiltiness for him.
- If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be bloodguiltiness for him;
he shall make restitution: if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.
- If the theft be found in his hand alive, whether it be ox, or ass, or sheep, he shall pay double.
- If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall let his beast loose, and it feed in another man’s field;
of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution.
- If fire break out, and catch in thorns, so that the shocks of grain, or the standing grain, or the field are consumed;
he that kindled the fire shall surely make restitution.
- If a man shall deliver unto his neighbor money or stuff to keep, and it be stolen out of the man’s house;
if the thief be found, he shall pay double.
- If the thief be not found, then the master of the house shall come near unto God, [to see] whether he have not put his hand unto his neighbor’s goods.
- For every matter of trespass, whether it be for ox, for ass, for sheep, for raiment, [or] for any manner of lost thing, whereof one saith, This is it, the cause of both parties shall come before God;
he whom God shall condemn shall pay double unto his neighbor.
- If a man deliver unto his neighbor an ass, or an ox, or a sheep, or any beast, to keep;
and it die, or be hurt, or driven away, no man seeing it:
- the oath of Jehovah shall be between them both, whether he hath not put his hand unto his neighbor’s goods;
and the owner thereof shall accept it, and he shall not make restitution.
- But if it be stolen from him, he shall make restitution unto the owner thereof.
- If it be torn in pieces, let him bring it for witness: he shall not make good that which was torn.
- And if a man borrow aught of his neighbor, and it be hurt, or die, the owner thereof not being with it, he shall surely make restitution.
- If the owner thereof be with it, he shall not make it good: if it be a hired thing, it came for its hire.
- And if a man entice a virgin that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely pay a dowry for her to be his wife.
- If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
- Thou shalt not suffer a sorceress to live.
- Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
- He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto Jehovah only, shall be utterly destroyed.
- And a sojourner shalt thou not wrong, neither shalt thou oppress him: for ye were sojourners in the land of Egypt.
- Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
- If thou afflict them at all, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
- and my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword;
and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.
- If thou lend money to any of my people with thee that is poor, thou shalt not be to him as a creditor;
neither shall ye lay upon him interest.
- If thou at all take thy neighbor’s garment to pledge, thou shalt restore it unto him before the sun goeth down:
- for that is his only covering, it is his garment for his skin: wherein shall he sleep?
And it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear;
for I am gracious.
- Thou shalt not revile God, nor curse a ruler of thy people.
- Thou shalt not delay to offer of thy harvest, and of the outflow of thy presses.
The first-born of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.
- Likewise shalt thou do with thine oxen, [and] with thy sheep: seven days it shall be with its dam;
on the eighth day thou shalt give it me.
- And ye shall be holy men unto me: therefore ye shall not eat any flesh that is torn of beasts in the field;
ye shall cast it to the dogs.