- Thou shalt not take up a false report: put not thy hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.
- Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil;
neither shalt thou speak in a cause to turn aside after a multitude to wrest [justice]:
- neither shalt thou favor a poor man in his cause.
- If thou meet thine enemy’s ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again.
- If thou see the ass of him that hateth thee lying under his burden, thou shalt forbear to leave him, thou shalt surely release [it] with him.
- Thou shalt not wrest the justice [due] to thy poor in his cause.
- Keep thee far from a false matter;
and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.
- And thou shalt take no bribe: for a bribe blindeth them that have sight, and perverteth the words of the righteous.
- And a sojourner shalt thou not oppress: for ye know the heart of a sojourner, seeing ye were sojourners in the land of Egypt.
- And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the increase thereof:
- but the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie fallow;
that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beast of the field shall eat.
In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, [and] with thy oliveyard.
- Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest;
that thine ox and thine ass may have rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the sojourner, may be refreshed.
- And in all things that I have said unto you take ye heed: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.
- Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year.
- The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep: seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, at the time appointed in the month Abib (for in it thou camest out from Egypt);
and none shall appear before me empty:
- and the feast of harvest, the first-fruits of thy labors, which thou sowest in the field: and the feast of ingathering, at the end of the year, when thou gatherest in thy labors out of the field.
- Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord Jehovah.
- Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread;
neither shall the fat of my feast remain all night until the morning.
- The first of the first-fruits of thy ground thou shalt bring into the house of Jehovah thy God.
Thou shalt not boil a kid in it mother’s milk.
- Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee by the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
- Take ye heed before him, and hearken unto his voice;
provoke him not;
for he will not pardon your transgression: for my name is in him.
- But if thou shalt indeed hearken unto his voice, and do all that I speak;
then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
- For mine angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Canaanite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite: and I will cut them off.
- Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works;
but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and break in pieces their pillars.
- And ye shall serve Jehovah your God, and he will bless thy bread, and thy water;
and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
- There shall none cast her young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
- I will send my terror before thee, and will discomfit all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.
- And I will send the hornet before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
- I will not drive them out from before thee in one year, lest the land become desolate, and the beasts of the field multiply against thee.
- By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.
- And I will set thy border from the Red Sea even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness unto the River: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand: and thou shalt drive them out before thee.
- Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.
- They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me;
for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee.