- And Jehovah said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for by a strong hand shall he let them go, and by a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
- And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am Jehovah:
- and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty;
but by my name Jehovah I was not known to them.
- And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their sojournings, wherein they sojourned.
- And moreover I have heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage;
and I have remembered my covenant.
- Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am Jehovah, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm, and with great judgments:
- and I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God;
and ye shall know that I am Jehovah your God, who bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- And I will bring you in unto the land which I sware to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob;
and I will give it you for a heritage: I am Jehovah.
- And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.
- And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying,
- Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.
- And Moses spake before Jehovah, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me;
how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am of uncircumcised lips?
- And Jehovah spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, and gave them a charge unto the children of Israel, and unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
- These are the heads of their fathers’ houses.
The sons of Reuben the first-born of Israel: Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi;
these are the families of Reuben.
- And the sons of Simeon: Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman;
these are the families of Simeon.
- And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations: Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari;
and the years of the life of Levi were a hundred thirty and seven years.
- The sons of Gershon: Libni and Shimei, according to their families.
- And the sons of Kohath: Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel;
and the years of the life of Kohath were a hundred thirty and three years.
- And the sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi.
These are the families of the Levites according to their generations.
- And Amram took him Jochebed his father’s sister to wife;
and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were a hundred and thirty and seven years.
- And the sons of Izhar: Korah, and Nepheg, and Zichri.
- And the sons of Uzziel: Mishael, and Elzaphan, and Sithri.
- And Aaron took him Elisheba, the daughter of Amminadab, the sister of Nahshon, to wife;
and she bare him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
- And the sons of Korah: Assir, and Elkanah, and Abiasaph;
these are the families of the Korahites.
- And Eleazar Aaron’s son took him one of the daughters of Putiel to wife;
and she bare him Phinehas.
These are the heads of the fathers’ [houses] of the Levites according to their families.
- These are that Aaron and Moses, to whom Jehovah said, Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt according to their hosts.
- These are they that spake to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring out the children of Israel from Egypt: these are that Moses and Aaron.
- And it came to pass on the day when Jehovah spake unto Moses in the land of Egypt,
- that Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying, I am Jehovah: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I speak unto thee.
- And Moses said before Jehovah, Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me?