- The word of Jehovah came again unto me, saying,
- Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Wail ye, Alas for the day!
- For the day is near, even the day of Jehovah is near;
it shall be a day of clouds, a time of the nations.
- And a sword shall come upon Egypt, and anguish shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt;
and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down.
- Ethiopia, and Put, and Lud, and all the mingled people, and Cub, and the children of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.
- Thus saith Jehovah: They also that uphold Egypt shall fall;
and the pride of her power shall come down: from the tower of Seveneh shall they fall in it by the sword, saith the Lord Jehovah.
- And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate;
and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are wasted.
- And they shall know at I am Jehovah, when I have set a fire in Egypt, and all her helpers are destroyed.
- In that day shall messengers go forth from before me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid;
and there shall be anguish upon them, as in the day of Egypt;
for, lo, it cometh.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: I will also make the multitude of Egypt to cease, by the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon.
- He and his people with him, the terrible of the nations, shall be brought in to destroy the land;
and they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain.
- And I will make the rivers dry, and will sell the land into the hand of evil men;
and I will make the land desolate, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I, Jehovah, have spoken it.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause the images to cease from Memphis;
and there shall be no more a prince from the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt.
- And I will make Pathros desolate, and will set a fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments upon No.
- And I will pour my wrath upon Sin, the stronghold of Egypt;
and I will cut off the multitude of No.
- And I will set a fire in Egypt: Sin shall be in great anguish, and No shall be broken up;
and Memphis [shall have] adversaries in the day-time.
- The young men of Aven and of Pibeseth shall fall by the sword;
and these [cities] shall go into captivity.
- At Tehaphnehes also the day shall withdraw itself, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt, and the pride of her power shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.
- Thus will I execute judgments upon Egypt;
and they shall know that I am Jehovah.
- And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first [month], in the seventh [day] of the month, that the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt;
and, lo, it hath not been bound up, to apply [healing] medicines, to put a bandage to bind it, that it be strong to hold the sword.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong [arm], and that which was broken;
and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand.
- And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
- And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break the arms of Pharaoh, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.
- And I will hold up the arms of the king of Babylon;
and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down;
and they shall know that I am Jehovah, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.
- And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them through the countries;
and they shall know that I am Jehovah.