- The hand of Jehovah was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of Jehovah, and set me down in the midst of the valley;
and it was full of bones.
- And he caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley;
and, lo, they were very dry.
- And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live?
And I answered, O Lord Jehovah, thou knowest.
- Again he said unto me, Prophesy over these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of Jehovah.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah unto these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live.
- And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live;
and ye shall know that I am Jehovah.
- So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and, behold, an earthquake;
and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
- And I beheld, and, lo, there were sinews upon them, and flesh came up, and skin covered them above;
but there was no breath in them.
- Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
- So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
- Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost;
we are clean cut off.
- Therefore prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, O my people;
and I will bring you into the land of Israel.
- And ye shall know that I am Jehovah, when I have opened your graves, and caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people.
- And I will put my Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I will place you in your own land: and ye shall know that I, Jehovah, have spoken it and performed it, saith Jehovah.
- The word of Jehovah came again unto me, saying,
- And thou, son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions:
- and join them for thee one to another into one stick, that they may become one in thy hand.
- And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not show us what thou meanest by these?
- say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his companions;
and I will put them with it, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in my hand.
- And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thy hand before their eyes.
- And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
- and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel;
and one king shall be king to them all;
and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all;
- neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions;
but I will save them out of all their dwelling-places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
- And my servant David shall be king over them;
and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in mine ordinances, and observe my statutes, and do them.
- And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers dwelt;
and they shall dwell therein, they, and their children, and their children’s children, for ever: and David my servant shall be their prince for ever.
- Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them;
it shall be an everlasting covenant with them;
and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
- My tabernacle also shall be with them;
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- And the nations shall know that I am Jehovah that sanctifieth Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.