- Let love of the brethren continue.
- Forget not to show love unto strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
- Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them;
them that are illtreated, as being yourselves also in the body.
- [Let] marriage [be] had in honor among all, and [let] the bed [be] undefiled: for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
- Be ye free from the love of money;
content with such things as ye have: for himself hath said, I will in no wise fail thee, neither will I in any wise forsake thee.
- So that with good courage we say, The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear: What shall man do unto me?
- Remember them that had the rule over you, men that spake unto you the word of God;
and considering the issue of their life, imitate their faith.
- Jesus Christ [is] the same yesterday and to-day, [yea] and for ever.
- Be not carried away by divers and strange teachings: for it is good that the heart be established by grace;
not by meats, wherein they that occupied themselves were not profited.
- We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat that serve the tabernacle.
- For the bodies of those beasts whose blood is brought into the holy place by the high priest [as an offering] for sin, are burned without the camp.
- Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people through his own blood, suffered without the gate.
- Let us therefore go forth unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
- For we have not here an abiding city, but we seek after [the city] which is to come.
- Through him then let us offer up a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of lips which make confession to his name.
- But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
- Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit [to them]: for they watch in behalf of your souls, as they that shall give account;
that they may do this with joy, and not with grief: for this [were] unprofitable for you.
- Pray for us: for we are persuaded that we have a good conscience, desiring to live honorably in all things.
- And I exhort [you] the more exceedingly to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.
- Now the God of peace, who brought again from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep with the blood of an eternal covenant, [even] our Lord Jesus,
- make you perfect in every good thing to do his will, working in us that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ;
to whom [be] the glory for ever and ever.
- But I exhort you, brethren, bear with the word of exhortation, for I have written unto you in few words.
- Know ye that our brother Timothy hath been set at liberty;
with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.
- Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints.
They of Italy salute you.
- Grace be with you all.