- Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, [even] Jesus;
- who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also was Moses in all his house.
- For he hath been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, by so much as he that built the house hath more honor than the house.
- For every house is builded by some one;
but he that built all things is God.
- And Moses indeed was faithful in all his house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were afterward to be spoken;
- but Christ as a son, over his house;
whose house are we, if we hold fast our boldness and the glorying of our hope firm unto the end.
- Wherefore, even as the Holy Spirit saith, To-day if ye shall hear his voice,
- Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, Like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness,
- Where your fathers tried [me] by proving [me,] And saw my works forty years.
- Wherefore I was displeased with this generation, And said, They do always err in their heart: But they did not know my ways;
- As I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.
- Take heed, brethren, lest haply there shall be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God:
- but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called To-day;
lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin:
- for we are become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence firm unto the end:
- while it is said, To-day if ye shall hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
- For who, when they heard, did provoke?
nay, did not all they that came out of Egypt by Moses?
- And with whom was he displeased forty years?
was it not with them that sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?
- And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that were disobedient?
- And we see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.