- Now in the things which we are saying the chief point [is this]: We have such a high priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
- a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man.
- For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is necessary that this [high priest] also have somewhat to offer.
- Now if he were on earth, he would not be a priest at all, seeing there are those who offer the gifts according to the law;
- who serve [that which is] a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, even as Moses is warned [of God] when he is about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern that was showed thee in the mount.
- But now hath he obtained a ministry the more excellent, by so much as he is also the mediator of a better covenant, which hath been enacted upon better promises.
- For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then would no place have been sought for a second.
- For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, That I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
- Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers In the day that I took them by the hand to lead them forth out of the land of Egypt;
For they continued not in my covenant, And I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
- For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel After those days, saith the Lord;
I will put my laws into their mind, And on their heart also will I write them: And I will be to them a God, And they shall be to me a people:
- And they shall not teach every man his fellow-citizen, And every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: For all shall know me, From the least to the greatest of them.
- For I will be merciful to their iniquities, And their sins will I remember no more.
- In that he saith, A new [covenant] he hath made the first old.
But that which is becoming old and waxeth aged is nigh unto vanishing away.