- Come, and let us return unto Jehovah;
for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
- After two days will he revive us: on the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live before him.
- And let us know, let us follow on to know Jehovah: his going forth is sure as the morning;
and he will come unto us as the rain, as the latter rain that watereth the earth.
- O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee?
O Judah, what shall I do unto thee?
for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the dew that goeth early away.
- Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets;
I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are [as] the light that goeth forth.
- For I desire goodness, and not sacrifice;
and the knowledge of God more than burnt-offerings.
- But they like Adam have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
- Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity;
it is stained with blood.
- And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way toward Shechem;
yea, they have committed lewdness.
- In the house of Israel I have seen a horrible thing: there whoredom is [found] in Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
- Also, O Judah, there is a harvest appointed for thee, when I bring back the captivity of my people.