- The burden of Moab.
For in a night Ar of Moab is laid waste, [and] brought to nought;
for in a night Kir of Moab is laid waste, [and] brought to nought.
- They are gone up to Bayith, and to Dibon, to the high places, to weep: Moab waileth over Nebo, and over Medeba;
on all their heads is baldness, every beard is cut off.
- In their streets they gird themselves with sackcloth;
on their housetops, and in their broad places, every one waileth, weeping abundantly.
- And Heshbon crieth out, and Elealeh;
their voice is heard even unto Jahaz: therefore the armed men of Moab cry aloud;
his soul trembleth within him.
- My heart crieth out for Moab;
her nobles [flee] unto Zoar, to Eglath-shelishi-yah: for by the ascent of Luhith with weeping they go up;
for in the way of Horonaim they raise up a cry of destruction.
- For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate;
for the grass is withered away, the tender grass faileth, there is no green thing.
- Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, shall they carry away over the brook of the willows.
- For the cry is gone round about the borders of Moab;
the wailing thereof unto Eglaim, and the wailing thereof unto Beer-elim.
- For the waters of Dimon are full of blood;
for I will bring yet more upon Dimon, a lion upon them of Moab that escape, and upon the remnant of the land.