- O Jehovah, thou art my God;
I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name;
for thou hast done wonderful things, [even] counsels of old, in faithfulness [and] truth.
- For thou hast made of a city a heap, of a fortified city a ruin, a palace of strangers to be no city;
it shall never be built.
- Therefore shall a strong people glorify thee;
a city of terrible nations shall fear thee.
- For thou hast been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
- As the heat in a dry place wilt thou bring down the noise of strangers;
as the heat by the shade of a cloud, the song of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
- And in this mountain will Jehovah of hosts make unto all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
- And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering that covereth all peoples, and the veil that is spread over all nations.
- He hath swallowed up death for ever;
and the Lord Jehovah will wipe away tears from off all faces;
and the reproach of his people will he take away from off all the earth: for Jehovah hath spoken it.
- And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God;
we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is Jehovah;
we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
- For in this mountain will the hand of Jehovah rest;
and Moab shall be trodden down in his place, even as straw is trodden down in the water of the dung-hill.
- And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst thereof, as he that swimmeth spreadeth forth [his hands] to swim;
but [Jehovah] will lay low his pride together with the craft of his hands.
- And the high fortress of thy walls hath he brought down, laid low, and brought to the ground, even to the dust.