- In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah: we have a strong city;
salvation will he appoint for walls and bulwarks.
- Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth faith may enter in.
- Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee];
because he trusteth in thee.
- Trust ye in Jehovah for ever;
for in Jehovah, [even] Jehovah, is an everlasting rock.
- For he hath brought down them that dwell on high, the lofty city: he layeth it low, he layeth it low even to the ground;
he bringeth it even to the dust.
- The foot shall tread it down;
even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy.
- The way of the just is uprightness: thou that art upright dost direct the path of the just.
- Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Jehovah, have we waited for thee;
to thy name, even to thy memorial [name], is the desire of our soul.
- With my soul have I desired thee in the night;
yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee earnestly: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.
- Let favor be showed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness;
in the land of uprightness will he deal wrongfully, and will not behold the majesty of Jehovah.
- Jehovah, thy hand is lifted up, yet they see not: but they shall see [thy] zeal for the people, and be put to shame;
yea, fire shall devour thine adversaries.
- Jehovah, thou wilt ordain peace for us;
for thou hast also wrought all our works for us.
- O Jehovah our God, other lords besides thee have had dominion over us;
but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.
- [They are] dead, they shall not live;
[they are] deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all remembrance of them to perish.
- Thou hast increased the nation, O Jehovah, thou hast increased the nation;
thou art glorified;
thou hast enlarged all the borders of the land.
- Jehovah, in trouble have they visited thee;
they poured out a prayer [when] thy chastening was upon them.
- Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain and crieth out in her pangs;
so we have been before thee, O Jehovah.
- We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind;
we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth;
neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.
- Thy dead shall live;
my dead bodies shall arise.
Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust;
for thy dew is [as] the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast forth the dead.
- Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
- For, behold, Jehovah cometh forth out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.