- In that day Jehovah with his hard and great and strong sword will punish leviathan the swift serpent, and leviathan the crooked serpent;
and he will slay the monster that is in the sea.
- In that day: A vineyard of wine, sing ye unto it.
- I Jehovah am its keeper;
I will water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day.
- Wrath is not in me: would that the briers and thorns were against me in battle!
I would march upon them, I would burn them together.
- Or else let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me;
[yea], let him make peace with me.
- In days to come shall Jacob take root;
Israel shall blossom and bud;
and they shall fill the face of the world with fruit.
- Hath he smitten them as he smote those that smote them?
or are they slain according to the slaughter of them that were slain by them?
- In measure, when thou sendest them away, thou dost contend with them;
he hath removed [them] with his rough blast in the day of the east wind.
- Therefore by this shall the iniquity of Jacob be forgiven, and this is all the fruit of taking away his sin: that he maketh all the stones of the altar as chalkstones that are beaten in sunder, [so that] the Asherim and the sun-images shall rise no more.
- For the fortified city is solitary, a habitation deserted and forsaken, like the wilderness: there shall the calf feed, and there shall he lie down, and consume the branches thereof.
- When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off;
the women shall come, and set them on fire;
for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have compassion upon them, and he that formed them will show them no favor.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that Jehovah will beat off [his fruit] from the flood of the River unto the brook of Egypt;
and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great trumpet shall be blown;
and they shall come that were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and they that were outcasts in the land of Egypt;
and they shall worship Jehovah in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.