- Woe to thee that destroyest, and thou wast not destroyed;
and dealest treacherously, and they dealt not treacherously with thee!
When thou hast ceased to destroy, thou shalt be destroyed;
and when thou hast made an end of dealing treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with thee.
- O Jehovah, be gracious unto us;
we have waited for thee: be thou our arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.
- At the noise of the tumult the peoples are fled;
at the lifting up of thyself the nations are scattered.
- And your spoil shall be gathered as the caterpillar gathereth: as locusts leap shall men leap upon it.
- Jehovah is exalted;
for he dwelleth on high: he hath filled Zion with justice and righteousness.
- And there shall be stability in thy times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge: the fear of Jehovah is thy treasure.
- Behold, their valiant ones cry without;
the ambassadors of peace weep bitterly.
- The highways lie waste, the wayfaring man ceaseth: [the enemy] hath broken the covenant, he hath despised the cities, he regardeth not man.
- The land mourneth and languisheth;
Lebanon is confounded and withereth away;
Sharon is like a desert;
and Bashan and Carmel shake off [their leaves].
- Now will I arise, saith Jehovah;
now will I lift up myself;
now will I be exalted.
- Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath is a fire that shall devour you.
- And the peoples shall be as the burnings of lime, as thorns cut down, that are burned in the fire.
- Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done;
and, ye that are near, acknowledge my might.
- The sinners in Zion are afraid;
trembling hath seized the godless ones: Who among us can dwell with the devouring fire?
who among us can dwell with everlasting burnings?
- He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly;
he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from taking a bribe, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from looking upon evil:
- He shall dwell on high;
his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks;
his bread shall be given [him];
his waters shall be sure.
- Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold a land that reacheth afar.
- Thy heart shall muse on the terror: Where is he that counted, where is he that weighed [the tribute]?
where is he that counted the towers?
- Thou shalt not see the fierce people, a people of a deep speech that thou canst not comprehend, of a strange tongue that thou canst not understand.
- Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tent that shall not be removed, the stakes whereof shall never be plucked up, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.
- But there Jehovah will be with us in majesty, a place of broad rivers and streams, wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.
- For Jehovah is our judge, Jehovah is our lawgiver, Jehovah is our king;
he will save us.
- Thy tacklings are loosed;
they could not strengthen the foot of their mast, they could not spread the sail: then was the prey of a great spoil divided;
the lame took the prey.
- And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.