- Keep silence before me, O islands;
and let the peoples renew their strength: let them come near;
then let them speak;
let us come near together to judgment.
- Who hath raised up one from the east, whom he calleth in righteousness to his foot?
he giveth nations before him, and maketh him rule over kings;
he giveth them as the dust to his sword, as the driven stubble to his bow.
- He pursueth them, and passeth on safely, even by a way that he had not gone with his feet.
- Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning?
I, Jehovah, the first, and with the last, I am he.
- The isles have seen, and fear;
the ends of the earth tremble;
they draw near, and come.
- They help every one his neighbor;
and [every one] saith to his brother, Be of good courage.
- So the carpenter encourageth the goldsmith, [and] he that smootheth with the hammer him that smiteth the anvil, saying of the soldering, It is good;
and he fasteneth it with nails, that is should not be moved.
- But thou, Israel, my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend,
- thou whom I have taken hold of from the ends of the earth, and called from the corners thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant, I have chosen thee and not cast thee away;
- Fear thou not, for I am with thee;
be not dismayed, for I am thy God;
I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee;
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
- Behold, all they that are incensed against thee shall be put to shame and confounded: they that strive with thee shall be as nothing, and shall perish.
- Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contend with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
- For I, Jehovah thy God, will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not;
I will help thee.
- Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel;
I will help thee, saith Jehovah, and thy Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.
- Behold, I have made thee [to be] a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth;
thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff.
- Thou shalt winnow them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the whirlwind shall scatter them;
and thou shalt rejoice in Jehovah, thou shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.
- The poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst;
I, Jehovah, will answer them, I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
- I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys;
I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
- I will put in the wilderness the cedar, the acacia, and the myrtle, and the oil-tree;
I will set in the desert the fir-tree, the pine, and the box-tree together:
- that they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of Jehovah hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.
- Produce your cause, saith Jehovah;
bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.
- Let them bring forth, and declare unto us what shall happen: declare ye the former things, what they are, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them;
or show us things to come.
- Declare the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together.
- Behold, ye are of nothing, and your work is of nought;
an abomination is he that chooseth you.
- I have raised up one from the north, and he is come;
from the rising of the sun one that calleth upon my name: and he shall come upon rulers as upon mortar, and as the potter treadeth clay.
- Who hath declared it from the beginning, that we may know?
and beforetime, that we may say, [He is] right?
yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that showeth, yea, there is none that heareth your words.
- [I am the] first [that saith] unto Zion, Behold, behold them;
and I will give to Jerusalem one that bringeth good tidings.
- And when I look, there is no man: even among them there is no counsellor, that, when I ask of them, can answer a word.
- Behold, all of them, their works are vanity [and] nought;
their molten images are wind and confusion.