- But now thus saith Jehovah that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee;
I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine.
- When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee;
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- For I am Jehovah thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour;
I have given Egypt as thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in thy stead.
- Since thou hast been precious in my sight, [and] honorable, and I have loved thee;
therefore will I give men in thy stead, and peoples instead of thy life.
- Fear not;
for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
- I will say to the north, Give up;
and to the south, Keep not back;
bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the end of the earth;
- every one that is called by my name, and whom I have created for my glory, whom I have formed, yea, whom I have made.
- Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
- Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the peoples be assembled: who among them can declare this, and show us former things?
let them bring their witnesses, that they may be justified;
or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
- Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen;
that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
- I, even I, am Jehovah;
and besides me there is no saviour.
- I have declared, and I have saved, and I have showed;
and there was no strange [god] among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and I am God.
- Yea, since the day was I am he;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who can hinder it?
- Thus saith Jehovah, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and I will bring down all of them as fugitives, even the Chaldeans, in the ships of their rejoicing.
- I am Jehovah, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.
- Thus saith Jehovah, who maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;
- who bringeth forth the chariot and horse, the army and the mighty man (they lie down together, they shall not rise;
they are extinct, they are quenched as a wick):
- Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
- Behold, I will do a new thing;
now shall it spring forth;
shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
- The beasts of the field shall honor me, the jackals and the ostriches;
because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen,
- the people which I formed for myself, that they might set forth my praise.
- Yet thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob;
but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel.
- Thou hast not brought me of thy sheep for burnt-offerings;
neither hast thou honored me with thy sacrifices.
I have not burdened thee with offerings, nor wearied thee with frankincense.
- Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices;
but thou hast burdened me with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.
- I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake;
and I will not remember thy sins.
- Put me in remembrance;
let us plead together: set thou forth [thy cause], that thou mayest be justified.
- Thy first father sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me.
- Therefore I will profane the princes of the sanctuary;
and I will make Jacob a curse, and Israel a reviling.