- Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth;
their idols are upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: the things that ye carried about are made a load, a burden to the weary [beast].
- They stoop, they bow down together;
they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.
- Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, that have been borne [by me] from their birth, that have been carried from the womb;
- and even to old age I am he, and even to hoar hairs will I carry [you];
I have made, and I will bear;
yea, I will carry, and will deliver.
- To whom will ye like me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
- Such as lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, they hire a goldsmith, and he maketh it a god;
they fall down, yea, they worship.
- They bear it upon the shoulder, they carry it, and set it in its place, and it standeth, from its place shall it not remove: yea, one may cry unto it, yet can it not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.
- Remember this, and show yourselves men;
bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
- Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else;
[I am] God, and there is none like me;
- declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not [yet] done;
saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure;
- calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country;
yea, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass;
I have purposed, I will also do it.
- Hearken unto me, ye stout-hearted, that are far from righteousness:
- I bring near my righteousness, it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry;
and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.