- The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me;
because Jehovah hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening [of the prison] to them that are bound;
- to proclaim the year of Jehovah’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all that mourn;
- to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them a garland for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, that he may be glorified.
- And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
- And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vine-dressers.
- But ye shall be named the priests of Jehovah;
men shall call you the ministers of our God: ye shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
- Instead of your shame [ye shall have] double;
and instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess double;
everlasting joy shall be unto them.
- For I, Jehovah, love justice, I hate robbery with iniquity;
and I will give them their recompense in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
- And their seed shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples;
all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which Jehovah hath blessed.
- I will greatly rejoice in Jehovah, my soul shall be joyful in my God;
for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with a garland, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
- For as the earth bringeth forth its bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth;
so the Lord Jehovah will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.