- The word that came to Jeremiah from Jehovah, saying,
- Thus speaketh Jehovah, the God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.
- For, lo, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will turn again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith Jehovah;
and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
- And these are the words that Jehovah spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.
- For thus saith Jehovah: We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.
- Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child: wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble;
but he shall be saved out of it.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds;
and strangers shall no more make him their bondman;
- but they shall serve Jehovah their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
- Therefore fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith Jehovah;
neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity;
and Jacob shall return, and shall be quiet and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
- For I am with thee, saith Jehovah, to save thee: for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have scattered thee, but I will not make a full end of thee;
but I will correct thee in measure, and will in no wise leave thee unpunished.
- For thus saith Jehovah, Thy hurt is incurable, and thy wound grievous.
- There is none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines.
- All thy lovers have forgotten thee;
they seek thee not: for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the greatness of thine iniquity, because thy sins were increased.
- Why criest thou for thy hurt?
thy pain is incurable: for the greatness of thine iniquity, because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee.
- Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured;
and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity;
and they that despoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey.
- For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith Jehovah;
because they have called thee an outcast, [saying], It is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
- Thus saith Jehovah: Behold, I will turn again the captivity of Jacob’s tents, and have compassion on his dwelling-places;
and the city shall be builded upon its own hill, and the palace shall be inhabited after its own manner.
- And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few;
I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
- Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me;
and I will punish all that oppress them.
- And their prince shall be of themselves, and their ruler shall proceed from the midst of them;
and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is he that hath had boldness to approach unto me?
- And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
- Behold, the tempest of Jehovah, [even his] wrath, is gone forth, a sweeping tempest: it shall burst upon the head of the wicked.
- The fierce anger of Jehovah shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall understand it.