- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
- But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
- To him the porter openeth;
and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
- When he hath put forth all his own, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
- And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
- This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
- Jesus therefore said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
- All that came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
- I am the door;
by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture.
- The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly.
- I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.
- He that is a hireling, and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, beholdeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth, and the wolf snatcheth them, and scattereth [them]:
- [he fleeth] because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
- I am the good shepherd;
and I know mine own, and mine own know me,
- even as the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father;
and I lay down my life for the sheep.
- And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.
- Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again.
- No one taketh it away from me, but I lay it down of myself.
I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.
This commandment received I from my Father.
- There arose a division again among the Jews because of these words.
- And many of them said, He hath a demon, and is mad;
why hear ye him?
- Others said, These are not the sayings of one possessed with a demon.
Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?
- And it was the feast of the dedication at Jerusalem:
- it was winter;
and Jesus was walking in the temple in Solomon’s porch.
- The Jews therefore came round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou hold us in suspense?
If thou art the Christ, tell us plainly.
- Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believe not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, these bear witness of me.
- But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep.
- My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- and I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
- My Father, who hath given [them] unto me, is greater than all;
and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father’s hand.
- I and the Father are one.
- The Jews took up stones again to stone him.
- Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from the Father;
for which of those works do ye stone me?
- The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy;
and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
- Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
- If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken),
- say ye of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest;
because I said, I am [the] Son of God?
- If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
- But if I do them, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.
- They sought again to take him: and he went forth out of their hand.
- And he went away again beyond the Jordan into the place where John was at the first baptizing;
and there be abode.
- And many came unto him;
and they said, John indeed did no sign: but all things whatsoever John spake of this man were true.
- And many believed on him there.