- I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
- Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
- Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you.
- Abide in me, and I in you.
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine;
so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
- I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
- If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;
and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
- Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit;
and [so] shall ye be my disciples.
- Even as the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you: abide ye in my love.
- If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
- These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy may be in you, and [that] your joy may be made full.
- This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you.
- Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- Ye are my friends, if ye do the things which I command you.
- No longer do I call you servants;
for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends;
for all things that I heard from my Father, I have made known unto you.
- Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- These things I command you, that ye may love one another.
- If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before [it hated] you.
- If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- Remember the word that I said unto you, A servant is not greater than his lord.
If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you;
if they kept my word, they will keep yours also.
- But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me.
- If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin.
- He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
- If I had not done among them the works which none other did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
- But [this cometh to pass], that the word may be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
- But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall bear witness of me:
- and ye also bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.