- These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be caused to stumble.
- They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you shall think that he offereth service unto God.
- And these things will they do, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
- But these things have I spoken unto you, that when their hour is come, ye may remember them, how that I told you.
And these things I said not unto you from the beginning, because I was with you.
- But now I go unto him that sent me;
and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
- But because I have spoken these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
- Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away;
for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I go, I will send him unto you.
- And he, when he is come, will convict the world in respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
- of sin, because they believe not on me;
- of righteousness, because I go to the Father, and ye behold me no more;
- of judgment, because the prince of this world hath been judged.
- I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
- Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself;
but what things soever he shall hear, [these] shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.
- He shall glorify me: for he shall take of mine, and shall declare [it] unto you.
- All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he taketh of mine, and shall declare [it] unto you.
- A little while, and ye behold me no more;
and again a little while, and ye shall see me.
- [Some] of his disciples therefore said one to another, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye behold me not;
and again a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
- They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while?
We know not what he saith.
- Jesus perceived that they were desirous to ask him, and he said unto them, Do ye inquire among yourselves concerning this, that I said, A little while, and ye behold me not, and again a little while, and ye shall see me?
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, that ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
- A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but when she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for the joy that a man is born into the world.
- And ye therefore now have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no one taketh away from you.
- And in that day ye shall ask me no question.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, if ye shall ask anything of the Father, he will give it you in my name.
- Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be made full.
- These things have I spoken unto you in dark sayings: the hour cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in dark sayings, but shall tell you plainly of the Father.
- In that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you;
- for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came forth from the Father.
- I came out from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go unto the Father.
- His disciples say, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no dark saying.
- Now know we that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
- Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
- Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and [yet] I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
- These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace.
In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer;
I have overcome the world.