- These things spake Jesus;
and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said, Father, the hour is come;
glorify thy Son, that the son may glorify thee:
- even as thou gavest him authority over all flesh, that to all whom thou hast given him, he should give eternal life.
- And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, [even] Jesus Christ.
- I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.
- And now, Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
- I manifested thy name unto the men whom thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me;
and they have kept thy word.
- Now they know that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are from thee:
- for the words which thou gavest me I have given unto them;
and they received [them], and knew of a truth that I came forth from thee, and they believed that thou didst send me.
- I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me;
for they are thine:
- and all things that are mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them.
- And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee.
Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we [are].
- While I was with them, I kept them in thy name which thou hast given me: and I guarded them, and not one of them perished, but the son of perdition;
that the scripture might be fulfilled.
- But now I come to thee;
and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy made full in themselves.
- I have given them thy word;
and the world hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
- I pray not that thou shouldest take them from the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [one].
- They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.
- Sanctify them in the truth: thy word is truth.
- As thou didst send me into the world, even so sent I them into the world.
- And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.
- Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word;
- that they may all be one;
even as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.
- And the glory which thou hast given me I have given unto them;
that they may be one, even as we [are] one;
- I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one;
that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.
- Father, I desire that they also whom thou hast given me be with me where I am, that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
- O righteous Father, the world knew thee not, but I knew thee;
and these knew that thou didst send me;
- and I made known unto them thy name, and will make it known;
that the love wherewith thou lovedst me may be in them, and I in them.