- Then Job answered and said,
- How hast thou helped him that is without power!
How hast thou saved the arm that hath no strength!
- How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom, And plentifully declared sound knowledge!
- To whom hast thou uttered words?
And whose spirit came forth from thee?
- They that are deceased tremble Beneath the waters and the inhabitants thereof.
- Sheol is naked before [God], And Abaddon hath no covering.
- He stretcheth out the north over empty space, And hangeth the earth upon nothing.
- He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds;
And the cloud is not rent under them.
- He incloseth the face of his throne, And spreadeth his cloud upon it.
- He hath described a boundary upon the face of the waters, Unto the confines of light and darkness.
- The pillars of heaven tremble And are astonished at his rebuke.
- He stirreth up the sea with his power, And by his understanding he smiteth through Rahab.
- By his Spirit the heavens are garnished;
His hand hath pierced the swift serpent.
- Lo, these are but the outskirts of his ways: And how small a whisper do we hear of him!
But the thunder of his power who can understand?