- And Job again took up his parable, and said,
- As God liveth, who hath taken away my right, And the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul:
- (For my life is yet whole in me, And the spirit of God is in my nostrils);
- Surely my lips shall not speak unrighteousness, Neither shall my tongue utter deceit.
- Far be it from me that I should justify you: Till I die I will not put away mine integrity from me.
- My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: My heart shall not reproach [me] so long as I live.
- Let mine enemy be as the wicked, And let him that riseth up against me be as the unrighteous.
- For what is the hope of the godless, though he get him gain, When God taketh away his soul?
- Will God hear his cry, When trouble cometh upon him?
- Will he delight himself in the Almighty, And call upon God at all times?
- I will teach you concerning the hand of God;
That which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.
- Behold, all ye yourselves have seen it;
Why then are ye become altogether vain?
- This is the portion of a wicked man with God, And the heritage of oppressors, which they receive from the Almighty:
- If his children be multiplied, it is for the sword;
And his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
- Those that remain of him shall be buried in death, And his widows shall make no lamentation.
- Though he heap up silver as the dust, And prepare raiment as the clay;
- He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, And the innocent shall divide the silver.
- He buildeth his house as the moth, And as a booth which the keeper maketh.
- He lieth down rich, but he shall not be gathered [to his fathers];
He openeth his eyes, and he is not.
- Terrors overtake him like waters;
A tempest stealeth him away in the night.
- The east wind carrieth him away, and he departeth;
And it sweepeth him out of his place.
- For [God] shall hurl at him, and not spare: He would fain flee out of his hand.
- Men shall clap their hands at him, And shall hiss him out of his place.