- So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God.
- Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
- Now Elihu had waited to speak unto Job, because they were elder than he.
- And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, his wrath was kindled.
- And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old;
Wherefore I held back, and durst not show you mine opinion.
- I said, Days should speak, And multitude of years should teach wisdom.
- But there is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
- It is not the great that are wise, Nor the aged that understand justice.
- Therefore I said, Hearken to me;
I also will show mine opinion.
- Behold, I waited for your words, I listened for your reasonings, Whilst ye searched out what to say.
- Yea, I attended unto you, And, behold, there was none that convinced Job, Or that answered his words, among you.
- Beware lest ye say, We have found wisdom;
God may vanquish him, not man:
- For he hath not directed his words against me;
Neither will I answer him with your speeches.
- They are amazed, they answer no more: They have not a word to say.
- And shall I wait, because they speak not, Because they stand still, and answer no more?
- I also will answer my part, I also will show mine opinion.
- For I am full of words;
The spirit within me constraineth me.
- Behold, my breast is as wine which hath no vent;
Like new wine-skins it is ready to burst.
- I will speak, that I may be refreshed;
I will open my lips and answer.
- Let me not, I pray you, respect any man’s person;
Neither will I give flattering titles unto any man.
- For I know not to give flattering titles;
[Else] would my Maker soon take me away.