- Moreover Elihu answered and said,
- Thinkest thou this to be [thy] right, [Or] sayest thou, My righteousness is more than God’s,
- That thou sayest, What advantage will it be unto thee?
[And], What profit shall I have, more than if I had sinned?
- I will answer thee, And thy companions with thee.
- Look unto the heavens, and see;
And behold the skies, which are higher than thou.
- If thou hast sinned, what effectest thou against him?
And if thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?
- If thou be righteous, what givest thou him?
Or what receiveth he of thy hand?
- Thy wickedness [may hurt] a man as thou art;
And thy righteousness [may profit] a son of man.
- By reason of the multitude of oppressions they cry out;
They cry for help by reason of the arm of the mighty.
- But none saith, Where is God my Maker, Who giveth songs in the night,
- Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, And maketh us wiser than the birds of the heavens?
- There they cry, but none giveth answer, Because of the pride of evil men.
- Surely God will not hear an empty [cry], Neither will the Almighty regard it.
- How much less when thou sayest thou beholdest him not, The cause is before him, and thou waitest for him!
- But now, because he hath not visited in his anger, Neither doth he greatly regard arrogance;
- Therefore doth Job open his mouth in vanity;
He multiplieth words without knowledge.