- Moreover Jehovah answered Job, and said,
- Shall he that cavilleth contend with the Almighty?
He that argueth with God, let him answer it.
- Then Job answered Jehovah, and said,
- Behold, I am of small account;
What shall I answer thee?
I lay my hand upon my mouth.
- Once have I spoken, and I will not answer;
Yea, twice, but I will proceed no further.
- Then Jehovah answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
- Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
- Wilt thou even annul my judgment?
Wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be justified?
- Or hast thou an arm like God?
And canst thou thunder with a voice like him?
- Deck thyself now with excellency and dignity;
And array thyself with honor and majesty.
- Pour forth the overflowings of thine anger;
And look upon every one that is proud, and abase him.
- Look on every one that is proud, [and] bring him low;
And tread down the wicked where they stand.
- Hide them in the dust together;
Bind their faces in the hidden [place].
- Then will I also confess of thee That thine own right hand can save thee.
- Behold now, behemoth, which I made as well as thee;
He eateth grass as an ox.
- Lo now, his strength is in his loins, And his force is in the muscles of his belly.
- He moveth his tail like a cedar: The sinews of his thighs are knit together.
- His bones are [as] tubes of brass;
His limbs are like bars of iron.
- He is the chief of the ways of God: He [only] that made him giveth him his sword.
- Surely the mountains bring him forth food, Where all the beasts of the field do play.
- He lieth under the lotus-trees, In the covert of the reed, and the fen.
- The lotus-trees cover him with their shade;
The willows of the brook compass him about.
- Behold, if a river overflow, he trembleth not;
He is confident, though a Jordan swell even to his mouth.
- Shall any take him when he is on the watch, Or pierce through his nose with a snare?