- For, behold, the day cometh, it burneth as a furnace;
and all the proud, and all that work wickedness, shall be stubble;
and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith Jehovah of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
- But unto you that fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings;
and ye shall go forth, and gambol as calves of the stall.
- And ye shall tread down the wicked;
for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make, saith Jehovah of hosts.
- Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, even statutes and ordinances.
- Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of Jehovah come.
- And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers;
lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.