- Woe is me!
for I am as when they have gathered the summer fruits, as the grape gleanings of the vintage: there is no cluster to eat;
my soul desireth the first-ripe fig.
- The godly man is perished out of the earth, and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood;
they hunt every man his brother with a net.
- Their hands are upon that which is evil to do it diligently;
the prince asketh, and the judge [is ready] for a reward;
and the great man, he uttereth the evil desire of his soul: thus they weave it together.
- The best of them is as a brier;
the most upright is [worse] than a thorn hedge: the day of thy watchmen, even thy visitation, is come;
now shall be their perplexity.
- Trust ye not in a neighbor;
put ye not confidence in a friend;
keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.
- For the son dishonoreth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
a man’s enemies are the men of his own house.
- But as for me, I will look unto Jehovah;
I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
- Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise;
when I sit in darkness, Jehovah will be a light unto me.
- I will bear the indignation of Jehovah, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, [and] I shall behold his righteousness.
- Then mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her who said unto me, Where is Jehovah thy God?
Mine eyes shall see [my desire] upon her;
now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.
- A day for building thy walls!
in that day shall the decree be far removed.
- In that day shall they come unto thee from Assyria and the cities of Egypt, and from Egypt even to the River, and from sea to sea, and [from] mountain to mountain.
- Yet shall the land be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.
- Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thy heritage, which dwell solitarily, in the forest in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
- As in the days of thy coming forth out of the land of Egypt will I show unto them marvellous things.
- The nations shall see and be ashamed of all their might;
they shall lay their hand upon their mouth;
their ears shall be deaf.
- They shall lick the dust like a serpent;
like crawling things of the earth they shall come trembling out of their close places;
they shall come with fear unto Jehovah our God, and shall be afraid because of thee.
- Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth over the transgression of the remnant of his heritage?
he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in lovingkindness.
- He will again have compassion upon us;
he will tread our iniquities under foot;
and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, [and] the lovingkindness to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.