- And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, bought spices, that they might come and anoint him.
- And very early on the first day of the week, they come to the tomb when the sun was risen.
- And they were saying among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the tomb?
- and looking up, they see that the stone is rolled back: for it was exceeding great.
- And entering into the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, arrayed in a white robe;
and they were amazed.
- And he saith unto them, Be not amazed: ye seek Jesus, the Nazarene, who hath been crucified: he is risen;
he is not here: behold, the place where they laid him!
- But go, tell his disciples and Peter, He goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.
- And they went out, and fled from the tomb;
for trembling and astonishment had come upon them: and they said nothing to any one;
for they were afraid.
- Now when he was risen early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons.
- She went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
- And they, when they heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, disbelieved.
- And after these things he was manifested in another form unto two of them, as they walked, on their way into the country.
- And they went away and told it unto the rest: neither believed they them.
- And afterward he was manifested unto the eleven themselves as they sat at meat;
and he upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them that had seen him after he was risen.
- And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation.
- He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned.
- And these signs shall accompany them that believe: in my name shall they cast out demons;
they shall speak with new tongues;
- they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
- So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
- And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed.