- Now late on the sabbath day, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
- And behold, there was a great earthquake;
for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled away the stone, and sat upon it.
- His appearance was as lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
- and for fear of him the watchers did quake, and became as dead men.
- And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye;
for I know that ye seek Jesus, who hath been crucified.
- He is not here;
for he is risen, even as he said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- And go quickly, and tell his disciples, He is risen from the dead;
and lo, he goeth before you into Galilee;
there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
- And they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring his disciples word.
- And behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail.
And they came and took hold of his feet, and worshipped him.
- Then saith Jesus unto them, Fear not: go tell my brethren that they depart into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
- Now while they were going, behold, some of the guard came into the city, and told unto the chief priests all the things that were come to pass.
- And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave much money unto the soldiers,
- saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
- And if this come to the governor’s ears, we will persuade him, and rid you of care.
- So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying was spread abroad among the Jews, [and continueth] until this day.
- But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
- And when they saw him, they worshipped [him];
but some doubted.
- And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.
- Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
- teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.