- And Jehovah said unto Aaron, Thou and thy sons and thy fathers’ house with thee shall bear the iniquity of the sanctuary;
and thou and thy sons with thee shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood.
- And thy brethren also, the tribe of Levi, the tribe of thy father, bring thou near with thee, that they may be joined unto thee, and minister unto thee: but thou and thy sons with thee shall be before the tent of the testimony.
- And they shall keep thy charge, and the charge of all the Tent: only they shall not come nigh unto the vessels of the sanctuary and unto the altar, that they die not, neither they, nor ye.
- And they shall be joined unto thee, and keep the charge of the tent of meeting, for all the service of the Tent: and a stranger shall not come nigh unto you.
- And ye shall keep the charge of the sanctuary, and the charge of the altar;
that there be wrath no more upon the children of Israel.
- And I, behold, I have taken your brethren the Levites from among the children of Israel: to you they are a gift, given unto Jehovah, to do the service of the tent of meeting.
- And thou and thy sons with thee shall keep your priesthood for everything of the altar, and for that within the veil;
and ye shall serve: I give you the priesthood as a service of gift: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
- And Jehovah spake unto Aaron, And I, behold, I have given thee the charge of my heave-offerings, even all the hallowed things of the children of Israel;
unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, as a portion for ever.
- This shall be thine of the most holy things, [reserved] from the fire: every oblation of theirs, even every meal-offering of theirs, and every sin-offering of theirs, and every trespass-offering of theirs, which they shall render unto me, shall be most holy for thee and for thy sons.
- As the most holy things shalt thou eat thereof;
every male shall eat thereof: it shall be holy unto thee.
- And this is thine: the heave-offering of their gift, even all the wave-offerings of the children of Israel;
I have given them unto thee, and to thy sons and to thy daughters with thee, as a portion for ever;
every one that is clean in thy house shall eat thereof.
- All the best of the oil, and all the best of the vintage, and of the grain, the first-fruits of them which they give unto Jehovah, to thee have I given them.
- The first-ripe fruits of all that is in their land, which they bring unto Jehovah, shall be thine;
every one that is clean in thy house shall eat thereof.
- Everything devoted in Israel shall be thine.
- Everything that openeth the womb, of all flesh which they offer unto Jehovah, both of man and beast shall be thine: nevertheless the first-born of man shalt thou surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shalt thou redeem.
- And those that are to be redeemed of them from a month old shalt thou redeem, according to thine estimation, for the money of five shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary (the same is twenty gerahs).
- But the firstling of a cow, or the firstling of a sheep, or the firstling of a goat, thou shalt not redeem;
they are holy: thou shalt sprinkle their blood upon the altar, and shalt burn their fat for an offering made by fire, for a sweet savor unto Jehovah.
- And the flesh of them shall be thine, as the wave-breast and as the right thigh, it shall be thine.
- All the heave-offerings of the holy things, which the children of Israel offer unto Jehovah, have I given thee, and thy sons and thy daughters with thee, as a portion for ever: it is a covenant of salt for ever before Jehovah unto thee and to thy seed with thee.
- And Jehovah said unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any portion among them: I am thy portion and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
- And unto the children of Levi, behold, I have given all the tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service which they serve, even the service of the tent of meeting.
- And henceforth the children of Israel shall not come nigh the tent of meeting, lest they bear sin, and die.
- But the Levites shall do the service of the tent of meeting, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations;
and among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
- For the tithe of the children of Israel, which they offer as a heave-offering unto Jehovah, I have given to the Levites for an inheritance: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
- And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying,
- Moreover thou shalt speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithe which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up a heave-offering of it for Jehovah, a tithe of the tithe.
- And your heave-offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though it were the grain of the threshing-floor, and as the fulness of the winepress.
- Thus ye also shall offer a heave-offering unto Jehovah of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel;
and thereof ye shall give Jehovah’s heave-offering to Aaron the priest.
- Out of all your gifts ye shall offer every heave-offering of Jehovah, of all the best thereof, even the hallowed part thereof out of it.
- Therefore thou shalt say unto them, When ye heave the best thereof from it, then it shall be reckoned unto the Levites as the increase of the threshing-floor, and as the increase of the wine-press.
- And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward in return for your service in the tent of meeting.
- And ye shall bear no sin by reason of it, when ye have heaved from it the best thereof: and ye shall not profane the holy things of the children of Israel, that ye die not.