- A false balance is an abomination to Jehovah;
But a just weight is his delight.
- When pride cometh, then cometh shame;
But with the lowly is wisdom.
- The integrity of the upright shall guide them;
But the perverseness of the treacherous shall destroy them.
- Riches profit not in the day of wrath;
But righteousness delivereth from death.
- The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way;
But the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
- The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them;
But the treacherous shall be taken in their own iniquity.
- When a wicked man dieth, [his] expectation shall perish;
And the hope of iniquity perisheth.
- The righteous is delivered out of trouble, And the wicked cometh in his stead.
- With his mouth the godless man destroyeth his neighbor;
But through knowledge shall the righteous be delivered.
- When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth;
And when the wicked perish, there is shouting.
- By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted;
But it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.
- He that despiseth his neighbor is void of wisdom;
But a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
- He that goeth about as a tale-bearer revealeth secrets;
But he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth a matter.
- Where no wise guidance is, the people falleth;
But in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it;
But he that hateth suretyship is secure.
- A gracious woman obtaineth honor;
And violent men obtain riches.
- The merciful man doeth good to his own soul;
But he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.
- The wicked earneth deceitful wages;
But he that soweth righteousness [hath] a sure reward.
- He that is stedfast in righteousness [shall attain] unto life;
And he that pursueth evil [doeth it] to his own death.
- They that are perverse in heart are an abomination to Jehovah;
But such as are perfect in [their] way are his delight.
- [Though] hand [join] in hand, the evil man shall not be unpunished;
But the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
- [As] a ring of gold in a swine’s snout, [So is] a fair woman that is without discretion.
- The desire of the righteous is only good;
[But] the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
- There is that scattereth, and increaseth yet more;
And there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but [it tendeth] only to want.
- The liberal soul shall be made fat;
And he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
- He that withholdeth grain, the people shall curse him;
But blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it.
- He that diligently seeketh good seeketh favor;
But he that searcheth after evil, it shall come unto him.
- He that trusteth in his riches shall fall;
But the righteous shall flourish as the green leaf.
- He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind;
And the foolish shall be servant to the wise of heart.
- The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life;
And he that is wise winneth souls.
- Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: How much more the wicked and the sinner!