- Every wise woman buildeth her house;
But the foolish plucketh it down with her own hands.
- He that walketh in his uprightness feareth Jehovah;
But he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
- In the mouth of the foolish is a rod for [his] pride;
But the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
- Where no oxen are, the crib is clean;
But much increase is by the strength of the ox.
- A faithful witness will not lie;
But a false witness uttereth lies.
- A scoffer seeketh wisdom, and [findeth it] not;
But knowledge is easy unto him that hath understanding.
- Go into the presence of a foolish man, And thou shalt not perceive [in him] the lips of knowledge.
- The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way;
But the folly of fools is deceit.
- A trespass-offering mocketh fools;
But among the upright there is good will.
- The heart knoweth its own bitterness;
And a stranger doth not intermeddle with its joy.
- The house of the wicked shall be overthrown;
But the tent of the upright shall flourish.
- There is a way which seemeth right unto a man;
But the end thereof are the ways of death.
- Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful;
And the end of mirth is heaviness.
- The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways;
And a good man [shall be satisfied] from himself.
- The simple believeth every word;
But the prudent man looketh well to his going.
- A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil;
But the fool beareth himself insolently, and is confident.
- He that is soon angry will deal foolishly;
And a man of wicked devices is hated.
- The simple inherit folly;
But the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
- The evil bow down before the good;
And the wicked, at the gates of the righteous.
- The poor is hated even of his own neighbor;
But the rich hath many friends.
- He that despiseth his neighbor sinneth;
But he that hath pity on the poor, happy is he.
- Do they not err that devise evil?
But mercy and truth [shall be to] them that devise good.
- In all labor there is profit;
But the talk of the lips [tendeth] only to penury.
- The crown of the wise is their riches;
[But] the folly of fools is [only] folly.
- A true witness delivereth souls;
But he that uttereth lies [causeth] deceit.
- In the fear of Jehovah is strong confidence;
And his children shall have a place of refuge.
- The fear of Jehovah is a fountain of life, That one may depart from the snares of death.
- In the multitude of people is the king’s glory;
But in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.
- He that is slow to anger is of great understanding;
But he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
- A tranquil heart is the life of the flesh;
But envy is the rottenness of the bones.
- He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker;
But he that hath mercy on the needy honoreth him.
- The wicked is thrust down in his evil-doing;
But the righteous hath a refuge in his death.
- Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding;
But [that which is] in the inward part of fools is made known.
- Righteousness exalteth a nation;
But sin is a reproach to any people.
- The king’s favor is toward a servant that dealeth wisely;
But his wrath will be [against] him that causeth shame.