- A soft answer turneth away wrath;
But a grievous word stirreth up anger.
- The tongue of the wise uttereth knowledge aright;
But the mouth of fools poureth out folly.
- The eyes of Jehovah are in every place, Keeping watch upon the evil and the good.
- A gentle tongue is a tree of life;
But perverseness therein is a breaking of the spirit.
- A fool despiseth his father’s correction;
But he that regardeth reproof getteth prudence.
- In the house of the righteous is much treasure;
But in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
- The lips of the wise disperse knowledge;
But the heart of the foolish [doeth] not so.
- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to Jehovah;
But the prayer of the upright is his delight.
- The way of the wicked is an abomination to Jehovah;
But he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.
- There is grievous correction for him that forsaketh the way;
[And] he that hateth reproof shall die.
- Sheol and Abaddon are before Jehovah: How much more then the hearts of the children of men!
- A scoffer loveth not to be reproved;
He will not go unto the wise.
- A glad heart maketh a cheerful countenance;
But by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken.
- The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge;
But the mouth of fools feedeth on folly.
- All the days of the afflicted are evil;
But he that is of a cheerful heart [hath] a continual feast.
- Better is little, with the fear of Jehovah, Than great treasure and trouble therewith.
- Better is a dinner of herbs, where love is, Than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
- A wrathful man stirreth up contention;
But he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.
- The way of the sluggard is as a hedge of thorns;
But the path of the upright is made a highway.
- A wise son maketh a glad father;
But a foolish man despiseth his mother.
- Folly is joy to him that is void of wisdom;
But a man of understanding maketh straight his going.
- Where there is no counsel, purposes are disappointed;
But in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
- A man hath joy in the answer of his mouth;
And a word in due season, how good is it!
- To the wise the way of life [goeth] upward, That he may depart from Sheol beneath.
- Jehovah will root up the house of the proud;
But he will establish the border of the widow.
- Evil devices are an abomination to Jehovah;
But pleasant words [are] pure.
- He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house;
But he that hateth bribes shall live.
- The heart of the righteous studieth to answer;
But the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
- Jehovah is far from the wicked;
But he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
- The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart;
[And] good tidings make the bones fat.
- The ear that hearkeneth to the reproof of life Shall abide among the wise.
- He that refuseth correction despiseth his own soul;
But he that hearkeneth to reproof getteth understanding.
- The fear of Jehovah is the instruction of wisdom;
And before honor [goeth] humility.