- The plans of the heart belong to man;
But the answer of the tongue is from Jehovah.
- All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes;
But Jehovah weigheth the spirits.
- Commit thy works unto Jehovah, And thy purposes shall be established.
- Jehovah hath made everything for its own end;
Yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
- Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to Jehovah: [Though] hand [join] in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
- By mercy and truth iniquity is atoned for;
And by the fear of Jehovah men depart from evil.
- When a man’s ways please Jehovah, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
- Better is a little, with righteousness, Than great revenues with injustice.
- A man’s heart deviseth his way;
But Jehovah directeth his steps.
- A divine sentence is in the lips of the king;
His mouth shall not transgress in judgment.
- A just balance and scales are Jehovah’s;
All the weights of the bag are his work.
- It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness;
For the throne is established by righteousness.
- Righteous lips are the delight of kings;
And they love him that speaketh right.
- The wrath of a king is [as] messengers of death;
But a wise man will pacify it.
- In the light of the king’s countenance is life;
And his favor is as a cloud of the latter rain.
- How much better is it to get wisdom than gold!
Yea, to get understanding is rather to be chosen than silver.
- The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: He that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.
- Pride [goeth] before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.
- Better it is to be of a lowly spirit with the poor, Than to divide the spoil with the proud.
- He that giveth heed unto the word shall find good;
And whoso trusteth in Jehovah, happy is he.
- The wise in heart shall be called prudent;
And the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning.
- Understanding is a well-spring of life unto him that hath it;
But the correction of fools is [their] folly.
- The heart of the wise instructeth his mouth, And addeth learning to his lips.
- Pleasant words are [as] a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
- There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, But the end thereof are the ways of death.
- The appetite of the laboring man laboreth for him;
For his mouth urgeth him [thereto].
- A worthless man deviseth mischief;
And in his lips there is as a scorching fire.
- A perverse man scattereth abroad strife;
And a whisperer separateth chief friends.
- A man of violence enticeth his neighbor, And leadeth him in a way that is not good.
- He that shutteth his eyes, [it is] to devise perverse things: He that compresseth his lips bringeth evil to pass.
- The hoary head is a crown of glory;
It shall be found in the way of righteousness.
- He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty;
And he that ruleth his spirit, than he that taketh a city.
- The lot is cast into the lap;
But the whole disposing thereof is of Jehovah.